At Oasis, a Paychex® Company, we work with our Client’s employees long after job placement to ensure they continue to develop skills, maintain work ethics and grow personally and professionally—all the attributes that signify Oasis quality. At the same time, it is important that you as a manager focus on effectively communicating with your employees to ensure they are challenged, motivated and satisfied with their job. Here we offer resources and effective management tips that can help you manage your employees, as well as your own career.
- Navigating Today’s Turbulent Business Environment – Management styles that worked yesterday won’t necessarily work today. Here are some leadership lessons for today’s changing times.
- Time Management – Each day you have 86,400 seconds to get done what you need to. Why is it that some people accomplish so much, while others waste time making excuses? Learn how you can make the most of your 86,400 seconds.
- Making Decisions – Just as you must adhere to the rules of the road when you’re behind the wheel, so too must you use the same principles as you reach key decision points in your life.
- Coaching Your Employees – Steal a few plays from some of the country’s best coaches and start applying them in your management style today. By learning what makes those teams tick, you, too, can cultivate the same winning attitude among your staff.
- Team Building – Behind every great team is a strong and visionary leader. A leader whose job is not to control, but to teach, encourage and organize when necessary. Here you’ll find tips to get the most out of your team.
- Why Training Is Important in Today’s Business Landscape – Training is what separates high-performance organizations from those being fitted for a burial suit. Assess your commitment to training and get back on the bandwagon.
- Running an Effective Staff Meeting – Many consider staff meetings a practical alternative to work. Often times there is too little thought invested in the planning or execution. Here are some steps to breathe new life into your staff meetings.
- Dealing with Conflict – No matter how you define conflict, the reality is that it’s a part of life. Understanding what conflict is and why it exists helps shape your response.
- Hiring Techniques – Hiring employees can be one of the most important management functions you perform. Assign it the priority it deserves and you can boost the productivity and the performance of your entire team.
- Building an Effective Orientation Program – You never get a second chance to make a good first impression. While there is no one-size-fits-all orientation program, an organized approach demonstrates that your employees are your most important asset.
- What You Should Learn From an Exit Interview – Whether someone is leaving for more money, more challenge or just to sail around the world, you need to fully understand their reasons. Properly done, picking the mind of a departing employee will reveal a gold mine of insights on how you can improve your business.